Friday, November 12, 2010

Halfway There and Little Time For Art

I ♥ Art

I haven't had much time for Photography or Art since participating in the NaNoWriMo project this month which is the downside to trying to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. But, I've been pouring my creative self into the story and have now hit 25,000 words! I'm half-way there to being declared a winner! Yesterday I spent all day at a Panera Bread having a "write-in" with a lovely English lass from Yorkshire named Sam. We are both writing Mainstream Fiction and have discovered our lead characters have very similar personalities. We really hit it off (how could I not just love someone from my favorite place in the whole world?) and hope to hook up again for another day of creative energy exchange. So, like I said, not much time for art. Since November 1st, I've only had the one photography outing with Lita and have only done two artsy things: I sketched a book-page Big Ben that will be made into note cards and for sale in my Etsy shop and I added a figure to my "people" sketchbook. 
 Big Ben Sings a Song

Love Yourself

I did manage to make a trip to the Library for an upcoming Exploration task which will be posted up here this weekend and *another* stop at Barnes and Noble. I know, I know...book addict. But, I had a 25% off coupon! It had to be used, right? ;)

6 comments:

Destiny said...

I really like "Big Ben"! Congrats on making it to the halfway point. I agree the Barnes and Nobles trip was a necessity. You should never let a perfectly good coupon to a craft or bookstore go to waste:)

phoebe said...

I have that bookstore addiction too as you well know. I'm addicted to books!
Congrats on reaching the halfway point! I'm proud of you. That's alot of work and alot of creative inspiration you've put in.

Cynthia said...

I agree! That addiction is totally valid :) Very well done on the word count! Must... try... to beat... :-p

Laura said...

Thanks Girls! I'm so glad you all validate my addiction. At least now I know I don't need to seek help for it. :)
And thanks for your continued support as I head off to the last half of my word count!

Lita said...

And I love your "I love art" photo! Mmmmm ... such fantastic use of your artsy and creative props.

You are like a force of nature with your prolific ability to creatively produce while you juggle in everything else.

I had to do a triple take to see you now have 30,581 words!!! How exciting to being able to see the finish line so early in your journey! You're totally inspiring me to want to join you in the writing project for next year! ♥

Laura said...

Thanks Lita! I'm so glad I'm inspiring you! You have a whole year now to get yourself geared up for it! It would be awesome to have you along for the journey!