Friday, August 19, 2011

World Photography Day

Photography has come a long way. Thanks to the digital age, images that were considered poor by the photography elite are now considered art. Sure, there are still purists out there who want a perfectly focused and balanced image but with a digital camera you can experiment with all kinds of techniques, settings and software. You don't have to worry about the cost of film and developing. You can take hundreds of shots and view them instantly. You can think outside the box. You can create art with your camera. In honor of World Photography Day, I spent yesterday afternoon composing abstract images...in mid-day harsh light...with a slow shutter speed...in wind...and while moving my camera in a circle. Voila...photography as art! Here are a few of my favorites:

Garden of Light & Motion 

Pastel Journeys

Flow

Bromeliad Complex

There are no rules anymore (well, except you still need to have a good composition!) and you can take a chance and try something new and different! I hope these images inspire all of my readers to take camera in hand and experiment! Be bold and have fun!

5 comments:

Destiny said...

How exciting. I really liked your blurred images. "The flow" kind of looks like a bunch of "lil' swimmers" rushing off to create life :)

Nichole Renee said...

It's funny...I was just saying to Hubby earlier that I wish there had been digital cameras when I was growing up on the farm...

And I love "Flow" (although I'm now giggling at Alex's comment) and "Bromeliad Complex"! They turned out great!

Laura said...

Thanks girls! Haha to the "lil swimmers"! I'll never be able to look at that image the same way again! :)

phoebe said...

These are gorgeous!

Laura said...

Thank you Miss Phoebe!