Sunday, September 25, 2011

iPhoneography Mission #4

iPhoneography Mission #4
Capture the opposite of a smile


It was hard to find opportunities to snap pictures of actual people with the iPhone. Part of the issue is you have to get close to the face for the mission. Believe it or not, I'm a little shy about asking people if I can take their picture without having an actual reason to do so. I had to be creative and challenge myself to find other "non-people" things to shoot. Since I was still in Vegas, I started noticing there were a lot of statues, sculptures and mannequins that would work perfectly! I threw in a couple of "real" people good measure. :)

The Boy Wizard
Lens: Native camera
Processing: Plastic Bullet


Chanel in the Shadows
(I did not realize that their was a smiling masked girl in my picture until I uploaded it and viewed it in full resolution.
 It freaked me out a bit!)
Lens: Roboto Glitter
Film: Blanko


Somethin' Fishy
Lens: Watts
Film: AO BW


Paris Girl
Lens: Chunky
Film: Pistil

Why So Serious?
Lens: Chunky
Film: Pistil


Sad Mannequin
Lens: Helga Viking
Film: AO BW
Processing: Photoshop Express


 Frowning Shark
Lens: Hornbecker
Film: Ina's 1935


A Hard Knock Life
Lens: Native Camera
Processing:  Photoshop Express & Pic Grunger

Warrior
Lens: Native Camera
Processing: Plastic Bullet

 Black Cherry Mojito's are serious business!
Lens: Helga Viking
Film: Big Up


Set in Stone
Lens: Melodie
Film: Blanko


Another fun mission accomplished! Here is the next one for all those who would like to participate:

Mission #5: Shoot your shadow on a textured surface.

Have a great week everyone and remember to fit creativity into your life daily!







5 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

Love the approach you took for this challenge! I had thought about taking pictures of inanimate objects that looked like frowns. Good to know we can take creative license with these missions!

Love "Paris Girl" and as for that masked lady...Eek!

Destiny said...

It's funny...the masked lady jumped out at me immediately. I thought you did it on purpose.

Lita said...

Great compilation of shots! The one of the Boy Wizard and Frowning Shark are my faves :)

Lita said...

and I agree about the Masked Lady being creepy ...

Laura said...

Thanks girls! Oh yes! Creative license is always allowed. :)