Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Weekend of Heath & Art

Ready to Run!

This weekend was for health and art! It started with running a 5K with my hubby for The American Lung Association. It was a timed event and we both had our best time. Charlie was 25th overall and 8th in his age division and ran 8:12 min/mile.  I was 44th overall and 7th in my age division and ran 10:14 min/mile.

Me with Ryan Burr. Running gives you crazy hair!

Hey! I made the first page of results! Yay!
Notice the tomato face? Yep, that's standard coloring for me after a run!

Afterwards we rewarded ourselves with lunch at Cheesecake Factory and a walk along Fort Lauderdale's River Walk. I'll share more images from the River Walk later in the week but here is a preview:

On the Tracks
Lens: Bettie XL
Film: Blanko

On the Tracks
Lens: Bettie XL
Film: Blanko

Also this weekend I was finally able to squeeze traditional art back into my creative calender. I'm doing a Chapeaux series and I started with this watercolor:

Paris, 1829
Ink & Watercolor
Chapeaux Series #1

And, I also did one in the Doll Dreams style:

Paris, 1829
Mixed Media on Canvas
Chapeaux Series #1

And finally, some may be wondering if I took my sketchbook to Vegas. I did take it with me but only had time for one sketch, which I actually did on the plane ride home. This weekend I was able to finally get watercolor onto it:

The Mojitos of Las Vegas
Ink & Watercolor

I hope everyone has a wonderful and creative week ahead! xo

2 comments:

Destiny said...

Congrats on your run. What a great accomplishment!

Laura said...

Thank you!