Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fat Cat Cupcakes

For last night's Bunco theme of  "It's Raining Cats and Dogs", I made these Fat Cat cupcakes.
Aren't they cute??


It took me six hours to decorate 11 cats and that was baking the cupcakes and making the fishbones the day before! Of course, I can't take credit for the idea. It comes from this fabulous book:  Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make

Although I didn't win at Bunco, I did manage to drop my iPhone into the toilet. After leaving it overnight in a bag of rice, it seems to be working...except the camera lens has condensation all over it and is hazy! Not good for iPhoneography so I am off today to the Apple store. :(

4 comments:

Destiny said...

Oh Noooo. No iPhone photos....you must get that fixed :) I love seeing all of the wonderful shots from your phone.

The cupcakes are beyond cute! I was checking out the fishbones. Did you make them from chocolates? Incredible!

Laura said...

Thanks! Yes, the fishbones are done from piping white melted chocolate onto was paper that has a drawn template underneath.
I fixed my iPhone so pics will continue! Yay! And, I'm getting the new one next month which has a better camera!

Nichole Renee said...

The cupcakes turned out great!!! I've seen that book...maybe I'll have time to do such things when I retire!!

And sooo glad that your iPhone is good to go! We have missions to accomplish!

phoebe said...

These look delicious!